Saturday, August 16, 2008

Heber Valley Family Reunion Camp

Oh yeah, it was another family reunion... the last one for the summer! It was actually lots of fun, we went up to Heber Valley camp, I guess they rent it out to families on the weekends after girls camp. We got to stay in the Stake pavillion, which is setup with a full commercial kitchen. Very nice for cooking! Jodie and Kodey made us some really good egg rolls friday night, saturday morning Jason and I helped Jo and Layne make french toast, bacon, and eggs. Then for Lunch we had taco salad thanks to Jen, Jake, Eileen and Lamar. Seriously.. who eats like this camping??!!
We were able to go out on the lake friday night and took the boys in a paddle boat. They loved it. Brady was excited to see a beaver and lots of ducks. He didn't want us to get too close to the ducks cause he was worried it would make them 'nervous'.

Grandma and Grandpa, Zack and Kyler enjoying the paddle boat.
Pregnant Jodie and Kodey were brave and took Warren out on a 'fast eddie' canoe. Glad you didn't tip!
On Saturday we went to the challenge course, it was lots of fun. When I was at Heber Valley camp with the girls earlier this summer there wasn't enough time for the leaders to do the zip line. So I was the first one up with the family. A little scary walking across the log at the top... but once I was safely back to the ground I wanted to do it again!

1 comment:

mandi said...

I've been to two family reunions there, and we're going for a third in September! It's a really nice place - the kids love it. We never got to go out on the lake, though. That looks fun! We'll have to make sure we do that this time.