Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nikki Nu Nu

I have so many memories with my BFF Nikki... we have been friends since kindergarten. we walked to school together, went to church together, got in car accidents together, got yelled at by our parents together, dragged state street together (that is where the accident occurred), worked at a music store together, girls camp, Lake Powell, the list goes on and on. I guess when you get to be our age... that's a lot of years to make memories! I always know that Nikki is looking out for me. When we were in college I always knew she would tell me the truth about the guys I was dating... you know, the losers that for some reason you like and all your friends know he is an idiot but don't dare to tell you?! Nikki was the one that would tell me what was up... and I never got upset cause I knew that she really cared.

Anyway, she has moved to L.A. and has a busy exciting life there, but luckily she still comes to visit so we get to catch up. During this visit we went to her in-laws who live right by family, and all of their yards connect. The have everything you could imagine there, swimming pool, a train that runs through all the properties, tennis courts, playground, trampoline, and lots more. What a fun place. Nikki has a son that is just a couple of months younger that Bryce so we had lots fun playing and laughing at the boys.

This is Bryce and Mason playing in the warm puddle of water next to the pool. They were too funny.

Oh scary... me, my whiteness, and the boys in the pool.
The hammock
Popcicles after a good swim
I love it when Nikki visits and has time to hang out. Sometimes we go many months without seeing each other, but when we talk it's like no time has passed at all! I love you Nik!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Say hi to Nikki for me! If she's still around we should FINALLY get together & have a mini-reunion or something!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. Life is good...still working...cant believe it has been almost 11 years. I swear I am not old enough to have a 9 year old (and Jake turns 6 in two weeks). Keep in touch!