Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Farm

Yesterday we had yet another family reunion in Idaho. This time it was my Mom's side of the family. My Uncle owns a farm in Inkom Idaho. He lives up a beautiful canyon. It is actually where my Mom grew up. My Uncle's property (acres and acres) is amazing. It has a little creek that runs through it and grass everywhere with beautiful trees for shade (and we needed the shade because it was hot!). The boys had such a great time. It made me wish for a moment that we lived in a canyon where I could let Brady play outside all day on his own. I seriously saw him for about 10 minutes while we ate lunch. He had so much fun in the creek, he was wet up to his waist. He was in heaven, completely free, without me hovering over him watching his every move. He threw rocks dragged sticks around, rolled down hills, and basically didn't want to leave. Bryce really wanted to be part of the fun, but he was a little so small with the creek. But he loved the dogs that were roaming around, and drinking orange soda that stained his face.

Notice that I said that I wished that we lived there for a moment?! Well then I remembered how much I love the conveniences of a city. I love to run to the store and grab the milk that I forgot, or run and rent a movie, or go to a movie theater! I think that I am happy were we are, out a bit from the craziness of a big city. We do have grass to play on and friends close by so it's not so bad here! But it sure is nice to head up to the farm every once in a while!

So I am the biggest slacker and left my camera in the car and was way to lazy to go and get it... so I will post some pictures when my Mom emails me the pictures that she took!

4 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Amen to the conveniences of the city! It is nice to have a place to run to when life gets to hectic though! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Dave and Steff said...

I have thought the same thing when I went out to my parents but then I realized the the only grocery store close (without driving 30 minutes) closes at 7:00 PM and I got over it real quick!

Ty and Mari said...

Oh don't be a country hater! That is my dream, to live on lots and lots of acreage and not have too many close neighbors! I guess my teeny tiny little lot has just pushed me that way!

Cyndi said...

We were just up amongst the farms of Idaho and I was thinking how lonely, how non-social, how inconvenient, how boring!!! I'm such a city girl! Where you live is probably a good mix, plus it's purty there!