Saturday, July 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake

I found this recipe for a Peanut Butter Cake... it was so good that I am posted the recipe... Sini this one is for you, I know how you love your peanut butter and chocolate!


2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened

Preheat oven to 375, Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.  In large bowl mix together 2 cups flour, 1 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 cup butter.  Mix well and pour into prepared pan.  Spread evenly.  Bake for 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean.  Allow to cool.

Frosting:

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 tablespoons buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 8 tablespoons of buttermilk.  Heat until boiling.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.  Place powdered sugar in large bowl.  Beat in chocolate mixture and continue mixing until smooth. Spread over cake.

**This is super rich, you will need a glass of milk with it!

2 comments:

sinika said...

Is there anything better than chocolate and peanut butter?! Totally making that tomorrow so thanks for posting!

J, E, M & I said...

This is the best chocolate peanut butter cake I've ever had!! YUM! Thanks for the recipe!!