Saturday, July 30, 2011

Its Great to be 8!

I can't believe it, my Brady boy turned 8 years old.  Where has the time gone?!  He is such an amazing boy.  He is so smart and loves to learn and read.  He loves anything that has to do with space... knows more about the planets than I will ever know.  He goes to the library and gets a book about a different planet each week.  He tells me he wants to be an Astronomer when he grows up.  The other day he asked me how many moons Jupiter has (or maybe it was some other planet), of course I had no idea.  He knows how many moons each planet has. 

Anyway, he decided to have a big BBQ for his birthday, invite all his friends and their families.  Our plan was to have it outside.  But of course his birthday fell on the hottest day of the year.  It was 103 degrees with the heat index they said it felt like 115 degrees.  Basically for all those Utahans that live in the desert, that means that the humidity made it that much hotter.  It was horrible.  So having everyone outside just wasn't an option.  It was a little crowded in our place, but we had a great time anyway.  Lots of noise and crazy kids!


The kids in my last minute decision kiddie pool... just to keep them cool.


And the slip and slide



A bunch of naked kids in my living room!


A pinata of course



Brady getting ready to blow out the candles



Bryce and our backyard neighbor MaKayla


Waiting for cake


The parents


The dance party that started up in the boys bedroom



The next day Brady wanted to see a show at the planetarium in Lancaster.  So we brought his friend Enoch.


The planetarium is in a neat museum called the North Museum.  Its on the campus of Marshall Franklyn College


We had such a great time at the party.  We are so lucky to have Brady in our Family!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, I can not believe how fast time flys. I can not believe he is already 8. That sounds like the best birthday ever!! Happy Birthday Brady!

J, E, M & I said...

Both of your Boys are so cute!! Thanks for having us over for Brady's birthday party... I hope he bought something fun with his money! Micah still talks about the slip n slide!! So Fun!!