Monday, January 12, 2009

Procrastination

The city is a great example to why you should not procrastinate plowing the roads. Today, for the first time this winter, the city decided to finally plow our road. But now that we have crazy deep ice on our road and no one has been able to get up it without getting stuck at least once... the city had to send out the big dogs.. the tractor.

This is a picture of the mountain of snow pushed in front of my house when they were done. No I wasn't laying on the ground to make it look bigger, it is really that high. I can't even see the neighbors house from the main level. But thanks to the city for finally getting to our street, at least now we know that the fire trucks could make it if needed (hopefully not needed!)

Ok, so this has nothing to do with the snow removal issues in my city, but I wanted to post this funny picture of Brady and his cousin Chayse. We showed up to hang out at my sister's house and the boys were wearing the same shirt. We didn't even shop together. But I guess this happens with there are only a few to choose from!


9 comments:

Dave and Steff said...

the snow in front of your house is hilarious!!! Your kids will love it though!

lindsey v said...

Yay for your road being plowed! I didn't even know it was possible to plow it after it had been turned into 6 inches of solid ice with pot holes.

sinika said...

My boys watched the tractor working all morning. Then when we stopped by your house Elliott was telling me he wished we had a mountain like that in front of our house... Funny that the boys had the same shirts and wore them on the same day!

Nielson said...

Wow--sad we missed that one! I cannot believe that pile of snow. Maybe we'll come over later and sled down it... :)

joleen said...

I hope Brady isn't planning on sledding down that mountain!!1

mandi said...

Holy cow! Those piles are huge! Our street STILL hasn't been plowed. It's an off-roading adventure driving through the piles of ice. Thanks, Orem City.

Brady looks thrilled in that picture. It cracks me up.

Mostess Mommy said...

I love the fashion fax pas! That's classic!

Dave and Steff said...

that site is really bad on my wallet too!! When they had free shipping I made a order almost daily!

Lindsay said...

I remember the good old snow days of Utah! I think I miss the large amounts of snow until I look at your picture. Here in Wyoming the wind blows our snow away or the snow freezes on contact. Last year we didn't see pavement for at least two months, it was one big sheet of ice :) Brady is adorable! Is Chayse Andrea's kid? Hope you are all doing well!