Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Bikes and Jam
A couple of years ago we bought this sweet electric dune buggy for the Bradster... he hated it. Until last summer, then he decided that it was fun to drive around. This year it appears that he is starting to get too tall ... figures, if only he would have liked it from day one... he could have been enjoying it all this time! But that pretty much describes Brady, he isn't about to do anything until he is good and ready. I am forcing him to learn to ride his bike without training wheels... (yes he really is 5 years old and just learning) and you can guess how that is going. Although today he seemed to do much better, even though I was yelling at him to stop being a baby... I know, you are wondering where did she learn her awesome parenting skills?! No wonder the kid hates trying new things! Our personalities don't always work together. I do love my Brady though, he is just about the sweetest thing, and most of the time we get along beautifully. He came to me the other day and asked me if I needed a kiss... who can turn down a kiss?!
Every Saturday morning Bryce seems to make a lovely new mess in my kitchen, I don't know what it is about Saturday mornings... 3 Weeks ago, I found a good amount of syrup poured ALL over my kitchen table, dripping down the sides and all over the chairs. Don't forget about the sticky footprints and hand prints all over my house that I am still finding. 2 weeks ago, I found that he salt and peppered my table (at least this wasn't sticky, just really difficult to sweep it all up). This last Saturday he found the jam on the counter. So he quickly got the stool from the pantry and helped himself. After I took away the jam he was sucking it up off the counter. I found jam all the way down his sleeper to his feet. Lovely. You think I would learn to stop leaving things out. Especially while I 'run upstairs for a minute'. I am aiming for a mess free Saturday this week!
I thought this pic of Brady was funny... he is just sooo cool. (he gets mad at me when I say he is cute, he says that he is 'cool' not cute)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't worry...Mya just learned how to ride without training wheels a couple weeks ago..It was about time! That is too funny about Bryce and Saturdays! He's is too cute with his jam filled face!
Wow--Brady and Bridger are so much alike--stubborn! :) I don't think 5 is old for riding--I don't think I learned until I was 5 or 6--there are just too many over-achieving parents out there! :) And the jam face is super cute.
When I tell Ben that we are going to take off his training wheels, he says, Elli is 7 and she can't ride a 2-wheeler so I don't have to until I'm 7 either. Aaaaaaaaah. I've given up on Elli, she's such a scaredy cat. So I thought I would just move onto Ben but now this! It's so much fun!
Oooh, I just want to squich Brady's cheeks and then I would squish Bryce's too but it souns like I might have to wash my hands afterward:)
They are too cute, I mean COOL. If I were Brady and I had that cool dune buggy I wouldn't care about a bike, pfft! I'm just lucky Quinton doesn't mind his PINK four wheeler!
Post a Comment