Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Escape artist

I guess Bryce likes adventure, cause he is always finding ways to get away from me. (Maybe cause I yell! Who can blame him). Luckily we have great neighbors who bring him back home. One morning last summer I thought Jason had him and Jason thought I had him... but really Kim across the street had him. He wanted to go and see her puppies apparently. One day I was upstairs in my room and looked out my window and saw Bryce standing in our driveway, completely by himself. That is when I realized that he can open the front door. As long as it is deadbolted we are fine.

He has really enjoyed playing in the backyard this summer. We have a fence so he is pretty safe if I am trying to get something done inside. At least he would be if I would have checked to make sure the gate was closed the other night! Luckily all the neighbor kids were outside and after a few minutes realized that he was in front by himself. I got a knock at the door and Zach had him and asked if I knew he was outside! Yikes... I need to get some of those latches.. you would think that I would already have those considering what my husband does for a living!!

I noticed today that I haven't updated my blog in forever... that I realized it's cause absolutely nothing exciting has happened since school started! Summer was great, we were off doing fun stuff all of the time. Now we have kindergarten ... I am really excited for Brady to start school, and I'll admit that I love having the 2 hours and 45 minutes to run errands or just spend some one on one time with Bryce (yes kindergarten is really only that long!). We just don't seem to do anything fun anymore but stick to our schedule. I need to think of fun things besides going to walmart or costco! I mean really, who wants to put that on their blog... No one wants to see pictures of costco... I am pretty sure we are all familiar with the cement floors and sample ladies!

The other night Bryce came in from playing in the backyard (this time the gate was closed) with mud all over in his hair.. I have no idea where he found mud, but I thought it was funny, it looked like we tried to spike his hair with gel or something.



8 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hi! I remember when Drew was in Kindy,I could time it just right to make my Costco/Walmart trip fit right in that time slot.

The Kohler Family said...

Oh Yeah! Walmart and Costco...sounds like my schedule! Bryce sure is a cutie, both your boys are!

Nielson said...

Love the mud hairdo--I've seen a few of those at my house!

grinNberrett said...

what is a costco? please post some pictures of that place.

This item is amazing for keeping kids in the yard. Let me know if it works for you.

http://tinyurl.com/bradyW

thx.

lindsey v said...

Yes, we've seen Costco, but we haven't seen YOU in Costco. You could show pictures of that! Or what items you stop to drool over.

Mostess Mommy said...

I just want to squish Bryce's cheeks! He is so cute!

Dave and Steff said...

AWWW!! What a little stinker getting out by himself! so funny

Dave and Steff said...

AWWW!! What a little stinker getting out by himself! so funny