I have had several friends and family tell me I need to get on facebook. So here I am one of the last people to join the cool thing. Apparently I am old to be on facebook. I got a note from my Nephew saying how weird it is that his 'Aunt' is on facebook!
For those that aren't familiar with Facebook, when you sign up it asks where and when you went to high school. Then it hooks you up with everyone else that went to your high school when you did. It was definitely interesting to see names of people that I haven't thought about in 14 + years. There was about 100 or so people that came up with my high school and my graduating year. Considering that there were over 700 people that graduated with me, that is pretty good for old people using new technology!
You request to be friends with other people on facebook and you can also look at their friend lists to find other people that you might know. It is weirdly addicting, and I can foresee many hours wasted looking at facebook. My nieces and nephew's friend lists are like in the 100-200's. I have 13! I am so proud. Then I realized that every single person they know pretty much is on facebook. What a different world they are growing up in. They text their friends all day long, email, facebook, my space, and whatever else new thing that has come up that I don' t know about. When I was a teenager I got my own phone in my room that had a cord hooked to the wall and thought I had really advanced in the world. I could then talk to my boyfriend whenever I wanted as long as I was in my room and sitting in a certain chair by the wall. Honestly what do these teenagers text to their friends all day?! Anyway, now I am just proving that I am old and grumpy.... end rant!
Anyway, so if any of you are on facebook... look me up and we can be friends! (Although I assume we already are in the real world if you are reading my blog!)
5 comments:
I am also an old person on facebook...we can be friends again...lol!
I'm glad that Facebook can actually confirm our friendship. Without it, I think I'd feel so lonely. Ha ha.
I actually kind of loathe Facebook but I guess it's the cool thing to do so that you don't feel too old!!
Hi! I am your friend now! How are you doing? I guess I can read you blog and find out. Glad to see how you are doing. Your boys are so adorable!
Rach, you know you're an inspiration! jojoandtherealworld.blogspot.com
Yea! I am glad you found me, looks like you are having fun! Can't believe computer genius Layne never hooked his wife up with the blog world until now! Mike is sad he missed your mission reunion. Pass the Orton's info onto us so we can know about the next one. Thanks.
Post a Comment