While our friends were visiting, we went to NYC with them.. such a great time, these pictures are all in a crazy order, But here are our adventures:
We visited the 911 memorial, we didin't have tickets (apparently you have to get those waaay in advance) but we did walk around and go into the visitors center
Talking to the kids about what happened on that day in 2001
a Chopper built to remember those that were lost
The Subway
Finally a picture of Shanon
The ball getting ready to drop in another month
Times Square... that place is sooo busy
Hey look, its a Mormon.org add
Our family's favorite stop by far... Central Park
We got to NYC the first weekend after they turned the lights on a Rockafeller Center.. and wow it was crowded, I still can't believe we finally got a picture without 50 people walking between us and the camera.
We stayed in New Jersey and took the ferry over to NYC.. it was really cold and windy on top. The ride there Shanon was sea sick.. and on the way back I was sea sick. I spent the whole ride back sitting on top with the cold wind on my face trying to not puke.. lots of fun
More wreckage from Sandy
It was a crazy time to run to New York, right in the middle of the move. But I am so glad we did it. I hadn't been to NYC since I was 14 years old. What an amazing way to say goodbye to the East Coast!
1 comment:
I need to get to NY someday... glad you got to go!
Post a Comment