Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A while ago when it first started getting warm we went on a fun hike to the Susquehanna river with some friends.








The Susquehanna River




This spring all my little students went on field trips with their classes.  Brady went to Harrisburg and toured the Capital building (He learned about Pennsylvania this year in 3rd grade) and he went to Philadelphia to the Franklyn Institute.  Bryce walked to the pretzel factory on Main street in Lititz with his preschool class.  Jason rode the train for 3 hours to New York City.  He took several pictures, had an amazing crazy busy day. 



Jason and his friend Andy


Jason and his friend Brendon in Penn Station









Some of our friends got free tickets to the Barnstormers game (our minor league baseball team here in Lancaster).  They couldn't go so they gave us the tickets.  We had a great time, 3rd row up from home plate. 



Yep, this is how close we were...


Jason graduates from school in August.  So we have been looking for a job as you can imagine.  Jason had a phone interview with a shop in Evansville Indiana.  The watchmaker there was going to be in Lancaster the next week for a conference and wanted us to go to dinner with him and his wife.  After dinner, he then invited us to come to Evansville to check things out and meet the owners of the store.  We were very excited, especially since they wanted both of us to come.  Here are a few pictures of our trip:

The geese at the pond outside our hotel. 


Evansville is in the south west corner of Indiana, it is right on the Ohio river.  They have a nice area there at the water front, they do fireworks and all sorts of activities there.




A crazy castle in Evansville that used to be the jail.


The City court house.


I know you are all waiting on pins and needles wondering and waiting for this announcement.  But we accepted the job in Evansville Indiana!  We are very excited!  We will stay here until December while Jason does an internship with Rolex.  We are hoping to move just before Christmas and spend our first Christmas in Evansville this year!  I am so proud of Jason for working so hard in school these last 2 years.  Its been much harder and more stressful than we could have ever imagined.  But he is working so hard. 

7 comments:

Justin + Liesl said...

What a great update! I love all of the pictures!!!! We can't wait to come see you guys in just over a week!!! YAY!

Melissa said...

I just cried :(. I am so excited for you guys, but deep down inside I have always just thought he would get a job around here, and you would be back with us on Concord Place.

I can not believe how fast 2 years has gone. It is crazy. I really am happy for you guys, and the new town looks beautiful.

I will have to give you a call soon. Miss you all!!

dana liston said...

Congratulations on a the new job!! I am really happy for you guys.

Eileen said...

Love all the great Family pictures and updates! And we are so excited for your new Adventure in Indiana! Looks like we'll be making another road trip when we come home from Majuro! Love you guys!

sinika said...

So excited for you guys to know where you're going next! My SIL lived in Indiana for a couple of years and LOVED it. She said everyone was really nice there.

Cute hair btw- back to blonde too? :)

WOODSIE said...

Wahoo!!! Yippee...Indiana in da house!! That'll be you guys! So proud of that brother of mine...Jake the snake fixin watches by the Ohio river......lake. Tried to rhyme didn't work out

Melissa said...

Oh, Dave just told me that Evansville was in his district of his mission. He had zone conference there and he did proselyte there also. He even bought a leather jacket there. Just thought I would let you know we had a connection to your new home town :).