Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Since I last wrote

I just loaded a ton of pictures on facebook... now I don't have the energy to post them here.  So I figure I will just post a quick update.

Well, we had Christmas, a wonderful relaxing day.  The boys got lots of presents.  The favorite was the video game Donkey Kong Country... they have played it non stop and Brady has now beat it.  Crazy kid.  We just hung around our house all day, skyped with all the family.  I don't think we even got dressed, a nice Jammie day.

Brady has started cub scouts.  He is going to scouts at the Lutheran church down the street.  He really likes it and has a huge den.  But the leaders are so dedicated its amazing.  He is in the same den as his best buddie Ben.  We are so  lucky to have found such great friends.  He received his bobcat already, and supposedly will have his Wolf by the end of April.  He is almost done with his swimming lessons, he has learned so much, has the best teacher ever.  Coach Dave is also the swim coach at one of the local high schools.  Its nice, cause its not just some 18 year old kid, this guy really knows what he is doing and loves it.  He also just started little league baseball.  He is very excited.  We have only had practices so far.  But he has his first game on April 16th. 

Bryce is busy with his preschool.  Its not quite as academic as the preschool Brady attended in Utah.  But he is having fun.  He wants to learn his letters so badly, they haven't started that yet there, so we are working on that at home.  Everywhere we go, he looks at all the signs and tells me the letters.  I need to pull out Brady's books from Learning Dynamics and get this boy going!  He still has another year of preschool since he has a fall birthday.  He can't wait for Brady to get home from school each day so they can play outside and chase the squirrels and bunnies.

Our cute little town is always having some sort of events, a couple of months ago we had the Fire and Ice Festival, they closed Main street and had all sorts of ice sculptures and a dude actually eating fire.  Lots of booths setup along the street, games for the kids, one of the scout troops even had a fire pit and everyone could roast marshmellows!   It was a perfect night, not too cold.  The whole town seemed to be out.  I totally felt like I was in a movie, it was a very fun night.

5 comments:

Naoma said...

Loved all the pictures on facebook, looks like you guys are having a great time! You are missed.

dana liston said...

It sounds like you guys live in a great place and are getting so involved! Maybe we will see you soon at one of the up coming weddings. :)

Nielson said...

It all sounds fun! Glad you have found such a wonderful community to live in! Love all the pictures and the updates--keep them coming! :)

lindsey v said...

What a fun town! Glad Brady is liking scouts. Ben loves it too.

joleen said...

I'd still love to come see you in your cute town! sounds like everything is great! After my mom comes to visit, it'll seem like I came too with how good she is at story telling! C-Ya soon!xoxoxo