Hello Friends! Its been so long since I blogged, I had forgotten how to use this thing!
I figured since we have moved far away from family and friends we better start up the blog again so everyone can see our new adventures. For those of you that do not know we have moved to Lititz Pennsylvania so Jason can go to the Rolex funded Watch Making school.
The adventure began with a large trailer being left at our house in Saratoga Springs for us to fill with all our stuff. When it arrived all the neighborhood kids came to check it out. For some reason the grease gunk (not sure if that is a technical term) on the front of the trailer was irrisistable for the kids to not touch, sorry to all the Mom's that had to clean that stuff off hands.
 |
We have the most wonderful neighbors ever, they were such a great help loading this thing up. We had such a great block party the night before we left. I don't know why I didn't get any pictures. It was a great time. I drove away that night with tears in my eyes. I will miss you all so much!
Then the adventure began.... |
 |
| Bryce in the car |
 |
| Brady in the car (the boys did great on the long drive) |
 |
| My Mom, her and my Dad helped us drive across the country... thanks so much! We love you! |
 |
| Bum shot of Jason, checking the tire or something |
 |
| My Dad deciding if he was going to help Jason... |
 |
| We saw tons of Windmills across Nebraska and Iowa |
 |
| The TREES! We just don't see trees growing like this along side the Freeway in Utah! |
 |
| A new friend we met at a rest stop |
 |
| After 4 long days in the car we finally arrived at our new house! |
 |
| Our new next door neighbor, Joan, is great, she even bought the boys ice cream cones |
 |
| Some landscaping our landlord did just before we moved in. The yard is great, lots of grass for the boys to play. Did I mention that we can find bunnies and squirrels in our yard all the time?! The boys are loving exploring in all those trees. |
 |
| We of course visted the pretzel factory on Main Street, the Sturgess Pretzel Factory made the first pretzels in the U.S.... or something like that. |
 |
Then came the first day of school.... here is the first day of school breakfast....
|
 |
I don't know how to turn this... but traditional first day of school on the porch picture (why do we all do this one?) |
 |
| Brady and the other kid at our bus stop doing karate moves... you can tell Brady has no idea what the other kid is doing... |
 |
Getting on the bus...why is it so hard to send your kids off on the bus?!
We are so excited to be here, we have met several of our new neighbors... they are really nice, I would say more old people than young :) not quite our great neighborhood in Harvest Hills... but it will do for now.
Some interesting things..
Our first night here, we left our porch light on just like we normally did in Utah. We went out and couldn't believe the amount of bugs that had collected. We looked around and realized that is why non of our neighbors had any porch lights on. Did I mention how completely dark it is here at night? I ran to the store the other night and couldn't see where to put the key in the door to unlock the car!
There are Amish people everywhere, I can't keep track of how many buggies we have seen. They have special buggie covered parking at Walmart so the horses and buggies can be in the shade. We stopped at a fruit stand at a farm that we were driving past. It was an Amish family. They had a box on the table to put your money in and get your change. Very trusting! I guess we aren't the most interesting religion around here!
Surprisingly we haven't been asked yet if we are Mormon, or how many wives we have in our family. Maybe they are too scared to ask, or just assume we are Mormon once we say we are from Utah. |
19 comments:
Yay for updates!! Sounds like a fun adventure that is for sure! It kinda makes me want to move somewhere different and out of UT. Have fun and cant wait for more updates!
You'll love all those trees in the fall time! So glad that you're updating again--now we can keep track of you :)
Yay! I'm excited to hear about your adventures!
Loved reading your update. I'm excited to see what else will happen for you guys! I will sure miss you, but reading the blog will help with that. Love you guys!
I'm excited for you guys! Your house looks really cute and Kyler would be jealous of the trees and squirrels! Glad u made it safe and keep sending text pics for mom to pass on (Brady's first tooth gone)! We love you! Talk to you soon! Jo
Wow! What an adventure!! I LOVE all the trees! Cant wait to read about life in PA! I have never lived outside of Utah...have you been to church yet??
Glad to see your blog is up and running again! Keep us updated on your new exciting life it looks like quite the adventure!
Horray for a blog post! Wish we could have gotten together before you guys left :( I hope everything goes well for you on this new adventure! Maybe we'll have to come for a visit!
So excited you will be blogging again. Like I said before that is the only positive in you guys moving. Looks like a cute house. Dawson is looking at this post with me. He was so excited to see Bryce and Brady again. You need to include pictures of you! Glad to hear that things are going good for you guys. Miss ya tons!
So,so fun! I loved reading and seeing all the pic's on the blog. I actually have pictures of the block party but not sure how/where to send it? I should get on that. Cute house, cute kids. So fun to see all the amish buggies huh. Have you visited any of there stores? I love the port-a-potties with no running water. And I agree we don't have tree's like those in Utah. Beautiful! I'm a little jealous. Miss ya!
Jenn email me the pictures of the block party!
Your house and yard look amazing! My boys would die to see bunnies and squirrels in the yard. Have you guys caught any lightning bugs in a jar yet? That's the only time I've ever seen them- in PA. Looks like a fun time. We miss you and can't wait to see your adventures!
Oh, you're back...and yet gone at the same time. I miss you already! I wish we could've gotten together before you left. Maybe I'll have to come visit you. I've always wanted to see Amish country. Just think, Rach, you got out! You're not in Utah anymore!!
Wow, it looks awesome there! Lucky ducks! Orem is so boring. The kids would go nuts for bunnies in the yard. It looks so green and pretty and quaint. I love the buggy parking at Walmart - AWESOME.
The pic of Bryce in the car cracks me up. I would be terrified to send my little boy on a bus in a new place! I feel for you! I'm sure Brady is having some interesting adventures, though. Karate/doing the robot at the bus stop? Looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
I really wish we could have gotten together before you left. :( Boo. Hopefully we'll be able to see you again soon. I'm loving the updated blog - hope you keep it up!
Oh my heck Rachel - so beautiful out there! I love your house and your yard. I think this will be a great adventure for you and the kids. I bet the leaves are starting to turn out there and they are just amazing - make sure you take pictures of those as well. Love to see them. You guys are amazing. I'm sure the Mormon thing will come up and when it does - you and your family will be an amazing example and missionary to many. Love, Karin
I'm so glad we can see how you're doing out there. We'll all be like your pen pals - and you'll only have to write one letter!
I'm glad you guys made it out there safely. I can't wait for more blog posts. Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE my doorknobs?:)
Rachel! So glad you are blogging again. I seem to blog maybe once a month, but it is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends while away.
First of all, can I say how great your parents look? I haven't seen them in almost ten years and they look the same. They look fantastic. Please say hi.
Secondly, Congratulations on your move and for new beginnings. It sounds exciting what your husband is doing. Keep us updated.
Lastly, the boys are adorable as usual. They are so big! I really wish I had called when I was in Salt Lake. I would have loved seeing beautiful you and your family. Keep blogging so we know how you are all doing. Great house and trees! ...Here in WY we have lots and lots of squirrels and rabbits and I don't think they are cute anymore. They drive me nuts! :) Take Care!
Lititz is a better place having the Woods family there!!:)
Make sure to post pics when you guys help out on a barn raising.
Post a Comment